Goodreads
Goodreads asked Phil Bayly:

How do you get inspired to write?

Phil Bayly Honestly, there's never a day that I don't want to write. As a journalist for over four decades, I loved to write the story after all my research was complete (Though in journalism, the story is never finished. Things keep changing. Whatever was, may be no longer). The pandemic was awful, but it was great for my writing. I finished my second book and completed two more! So, all that prevents me from writing today will be the other phase of being a struggling artist with a small but supportive publisher: informing readers that I exist. Readers seem to like my books, when they find them. And that's rewarding.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more