Goodreads
Goodreads asked Peter Rhodan:

How do you get inspired to write?

Peter Rhodan Lots of different ways. Sometimes it is some other story I have read that gives me an idea for something similar or even the opposite plot line of what I just read.
Sometimes it is something from history
Mostly it is just a scene popping into my head - as an example I had this idea of a guy standing on the side of a highway and these tanks come rolling up the road, clearly invading the area wherever it is the guy is standing and the lead tank has a woman commander in the hatch....
that is now a scene in the adventures of my cross dimensional wizard.
The tanks are the lead elements of the 2nd Texas cavalry of the Army of the Confederacy invading Mexican held California......

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more