Goodreads
Goodreads asked David Biddle:

How do you get inspired to write?

David Biddle I sit down to write every morning, ideally around 5:30 AM. My brain shifts gears into writer mode and the improv session is on...I've learned that I have anywhere from 2-6 hours of battery-power in me. And then I need to do other stuff. Generally, with it will be closer to 2 hours...I try to write every day. There are phases too. Sometimes its original work. Sometimes its screen editing. Sometimes its red pen work. Sometimes it's revisions from paper back to screen. Sometimes it's re-writing from 1st person to 3rd person. Sometimes it's experimenting. Sometimes it's a first draft op-ed commentary that I may or may not ever try to finish.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more