Katherine Cowley
Katherine Cowley asked James Goldberg:

What does it look like when you write? (Notebook, laptop, location, time of day, etc.)

James Goldberg Parts of The Five Books of Jesus were written in 6-10 hour shifts in my office on campus during my term off while I was still teaching. Other parts were written on a laptop on my couch at home or even in pen on the backs of call sheets in my trailer on a film set.

I now work a full-time writing job, so my personal projects are mostly done from 9 or 10 pm until the early hours of the morning, two or three nights a week. I recently switched from mostly using MS word to writing in Scrivener and have loved it.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more