Goodreads
Goodreads asked Judy Lawn:

How do you get inspired to write?

Judy Lawn I get most of my ideas while I am walking the beach, which I do most mornings. I work out ideas for scenes, or think about what my characters might say or act in certain situations.
Sometimes it's just a case of sitting down at the computer and beginning. Ideas come to me as I write - that is the most exciting thing for me about writing; beginning a writing session with a blank page and then going on to write whole scenes or even a complete story. I never wait around for inspiration. Writing is work; think of it in the same way you do your day job; you sit down at the computer and begin.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more