Goodreads
Goodreads asked Lisa Stice:

How do you get inspired to write?

Lisa Stice I'm largely inspired by my daughter, dog, and husband and our military life. For Uniform, I also pulled inspiration from my own self-doubts and fears as a military spouse, from the long history of women left behind by war, and from Marine Corps laws, speeches, and congressional acts. About six months ago, I completed my second manuscript, which is largely inspired by my daughter, classic children's books, and Sun Tsu's The Art of War. For this third manuscript currently under progress, I continue to pull inspiration from my family and military life, but also gain inspiration from poets who wrote/write in times of military conflict.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more