Goodreads
Goodreads asked Paul Nolan:

How do you get inspired to write?

Paul Nolan I have two boys - aged 13 and 8 - and it is them I began to write for. The 8 year old thinks it's cool that his dad writes books; the 13 year old thinks his dad is anything but cool, but that's normal - isn't it?
I use my boys as product testers - if they love the books then hopefully children like them, will love the books too. When I visit schools, the look on the children's faces, when I begin to read my books, is something I will never grow tired on and that too inspires me to write.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more