Goodreads
Goodreads asked Kasey Roper:

How do you get inspired to write?

Kasey Roper Usually from whatever sparks that little light in my gut, giving me a good vibe. I live my life based on good or bad vibes, and if something really lights up my radar, I automatically take notice. So I can get inspiration from people's features, music, scenery, tv shows, and films. Me being a visual writer helps as well, because once I feel that vibe, I imagine what it would look like on screen. I imagine how a certain sound would look as a character, or how the way the sun shining would look as it filter through an empty and dusty house, and in said house, what kind of character lives there.

So, to not get any longer winded, I genuinely can write at least a small bit about anything, as long as it vibes well with me.

About Goodreads Q&A

Ask and answer questions about books!

You can pose questions to the Goodreads community with Reader Q&A, or ask your favorite author a question with Ask the Author.

See Featured Authors Answering Questions

Learn more